Where to Put Dresser in Bedroom: Finding the Perfect Spot
A dresser is an essential piece of furniture in any bedroom. It offers ample storage space for your clothes, accessories, and other personal belongings. However, figuring out the ideal location to place your dresser can be a challenging task. To help you make the right decision, we have gathered some tips and considerations to find the perfect spot for your dresser in the bedroom.
1. Against the wall: Placing your dresser against the wall is a popular choice. This not only saves space in the room but also creates a clean and organized look. It allows you to easily access your clothes and keeps the dresser out of the way.
2. Near the closet: If your bedroom has a closet, positioning your dresser near it can be a smart move. This way, your clothes are within reach, making it convenient for you to get dressed in the morning. It also creates a cohesive and functional clothing storage area.
3. Opposite the bed: Placing the dresser opposite the bed can create balance and symmetry in the room. This arrangement is visually pleasing and provides easy access to your clothes when you wake up or get ready for bed.
4. Under a window: Utilizing the space under a window by placing your dresser there can be a great option. It adds functionality to an otherwise unused area and allows natural light to illuminate your clothes. Just make sure the dresser’s height doesn’t obstruct the view or interfere with the window treatments.
5. Alongside a wall mirror: Pairing your dresser with a wall mirror not only adds a decorative touch but also creates a convenient dressing area. You can easily check your outfit and appearance while getting ready, making this a practical and aesthetically pleasing arrangement.
6. In a walk-in closet: If you have the luxury of a spacious walk-in closet, consider placing your dresser inside it. This maximizes storage space and keeps your clothes organized and easily accessible. It also creates a cohesive and streamlined look in your closet.
7. As a room divider: In larger bedrooms, a dresser can serve as a stylish room divider. By placing it strategically, you can separate different areas within the room, such as a sleeping area and a vanity area. This adds functionality and visual interest to the space.
1. Can I place my dresser in front of a window?
While it’s generally not recommended to place a dresser in front of a window, if you have no other options, choose a low dresser that won’t obstruct the view or natural light.
2. How far should a dresser be from the bed?
Leave at least two feet of space between the dresser and the bed for comfortable movement and easy access to drawers.
3. Can I put a dresser in a small bedroom?
Yes, a dresser can be placed in a small bedroom. Opt for a compact dresser that fits the available space without overwhelming the room.
4. Should I position my dresser near a heater or air conditioning vent?
It’s best to avoid placing your dresser near a heater or air conditioning vent to prevent potential damage to your clothes due to temperature fluctuations.
5. Can I use a dresser as a TV stand?
Yes, a dresser can double as a TV stand, provided it has enough surface area and proper cable management to support your television and related devices.
6. How should I arrange items on top of the dresser?
Arrange a few decorative items, such as a small plant, a tray, or a candle, while leaving some space for everyday essentials like your jewelry box or a place to set your wallet and keys.
7. Should I anchor my dresser to the wall?
For safety reasons, it’s advisable to anchor your dresser to the wall, especially if you live in an earthquake-prone area or if you have children in the house who might climb or pull on the furniture.