How to Find Discontinued Shaw Laminate Flooring
Shaw laminate flooring is known for its quality, durability, and aesthetic appeal. However, finding discontinued Shaw laminate flooring can be a challenging task. Whether you are looking to replace a few damaged planks or complete a flooring project, here are some tips to help you find discontinued Shaw laminate flooring.
1. Contact Shaw: The first step is to reach out to Shaw directly. They may have information about discontinued products and can help you locate any remaining stock. Shaw’s customer service team can provide you with valuable guidance and direct you to retailers or distributors who may still have the discontinued flooring in stock.
2. Check Local Retailers: Visit local flooring retailers and check if they have any discontinued Shaw laminate flooring in their inventory. While it may be rare, some retailers may still have a few boxes or remnants of discontinued styles. Keep in mind that the availability of discontinued flooring will vary from store to store, so it’s worth checking multiple locations.
3. Online Retailers: Explore online retailers that specialize in discontinued or hard-to-find flooring products. These retailers often have a wide range of discontinued flooring options, including Shaw laminate flooring. Some popular online platforms for discontinued flooring include eBay, Amazon, and specialized flooring websites.
4. Shaw Retailers Database: Shaw maintains a database of authorized retailers on their website. You can search for local Shaw retailers using their store locator tool. While this may not specifically highlight discontinued products, contacting these retailers can help you in your search.
5. Online Classifieds and Forums: Check online classifieds and flooring forums for individuals selling discontinued Shaw laminate flooring. Websites like Craigslist or local Facebook groups can be a great resource for finding individuals who may have extra boxes or remnants of discontinued styles. Be sure to verify the condition and authenticity of the product before making a purchase.
6. Shaw Laminate Flooring Groups: Join online communities or groups dedicated to Shaw laminate flooring enthusiasts. These groups often share information about discontinued products, upcoming sales, and where to find specific styles. Members can offer advice, suggestions, and even sell their own stock of discontinued flooring.
7. Professional Flooring Services: Contact professional flooring services in your area and inquire about their access to discontinued flooring products. Some flooring companies maintain relationships with distributors or have access to discontinued stock. They may be able to source the discontinued Shaw laminate flooring for you.
1. Can I order discontinued Shaw laminate flooring directly from Shaw?
Shaw does not sell directly to consumers, so it’s best to contact their customer service team who can guide you to authorized retailers or distributors.
2. How do I know if the discontinued flooring I find is genuine Shaw laminate?
Ensure you purchase from trusted sources and verify the authenticity of the product by checking for Shaw branding, packaging, and product information.
3. Is it possible to find discontinued Shaw laminate flooring in the same style and color?
Finding the exact same style and color of discontinued flooring may be challenging. However, with thorough research and persistence, you may find a close match or a similar alternative.
4. Are there any risks associated with purchasing discontinued flooring?
There can be risks involved, such as the flooring not being covered under Shaw’s warranty or the possibility of mismatched dye lots. It’s essential to research and understand the potential drawbacks before making a purchase.
5. What are some alternative options if I can’t find discontinued Shaw laminate flooring?
Consider reaching out to Shaw for guidance on similar styles or explore other reputable laminate flooring brands that offer similar designs and quality.
6. Can I use different laminate flooring brands to replace missing planks in a Shaw laminate floor?
While it is not recommended to mix different brands, you can consult with a professional installer who may be able to find a close match or suggest alternatives.
7. How much should I expect to pay for discontinued Shaw laminate flooring?
The price of discontinued flooring will vary depending on factors such as availability, style, and condition. It’s best to compare prices from multiple sources to ensure a fair deal.
Finding discontinued Shaw laminate flooring requires patience, research, and persistence. By following these tips and utilizing various resources, you can increase your chances of finding the flooring you need to complete your project or replace damaged planks. Remember to verify the authenticity of the product and consider seeking professional advice when necessary.